Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Deployment Pillow



I wanted a keepsake from this deployment to remind me of the day to day HELL we went through for over a year and to remind me of how incredibly strong we are as a couple.i thought about it and thought about it and came up with this idea.I have a cafepress shop so I make custom things for myself all of the time.I decided that a pillow would be a neat little keepsake and something that I would look at all the time so I will never forget,so to speak. I really like the way it turned out. I know I talk about my husband a lot and this deployment but this man is all I've known since I was 18.To go from waking up next to him every single day for 7 years to only having an "online" relationship can really take a toll on a marriage.We know so many couples who didn't make it.We know so many that their partners have cheated etc.Our love is so amazing.It cannot be explained.We are each others everything.We are stuck up each others butts all the time.We don't need alone time or time away from each other.Even if it's a simple trip to the grocery store,we're together! I love this man with everything that I am.He is my soulmate and I thank God every single day for sending me the most amazing man ever! Anyway,now that I've rambled on...lol...Let me know what you think of my pillow:)

4 comments:

Shelley said...

It was actually on the national news that the 39th here had one of the worst divorce rates in the nation, for the national guard :( (Back a couple years ago)

I don't think most people understand how hard it is. I am glad you are doing everything you can to stay connected and make it through this rough time. Thank goodness you have internet though, think about how it was for old people like my parents! My dad was in the army and my mom didn't hear from him for very lengthy gaps. (but they celebrated 40 yrs of marriage this weekend!)

Hang in there!

Mindy said...

Love the pillow. It's a great idea.
They better have an awards ceremony when he gets back and you better get your medal too, lol!!

Rosjuane said...

I like it alot!!

Leigh Ann said...

Love Love Love the pillow. What a great idea. And I am so proud of you for being so strong and making it through.